Monday 19 October 2009

Gouvernment Debt

Reading an article in the Daily Express I found an article about the Tory Conference in which George Osborne speaks of Britains debt caused by the Labour Party. The quote "Britain cannot go on like this. We are sinking in a sea of debt was the main influence of my idea.


My initial idea was to create Britain as a character, giving it eyes and a worried expression As it sink in a "sea of debt."
As my ideas developed I decided to express the idea that "Labour is to blame". I chose to create a caricature of Gordan Brown to overlay on the shape of Britain to portray this idea.




I felt much happier with this idea as it seemed to me more poffesional and looked alot more like political cartoons that are used in actual newspapers



I first placed my cartoon in an article over the top of some text that was exposed at the sides. i scanned it into photoshap to edit where the text could be seen to make it fit more appropritely

I felt that the image fitted better without needing editing in this article about Mp's Exphenses and Gordon Browns statement that he will "pay 12k cleaning bill" to clean up the politics instead of his original claims to do it himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment